Monday, January 24, 2011

Ethan . . . the Crafter?

Yes, I continue to post the silly things Ethan does and am actually thankful that Grace is not as much of a curious night owl mess maker.  I am beginning to see a pattern to the exploration of his crafty side.  It always happens around midnight.  Yep, midnight.  He definitely has his dad's love of the night hours.  Inevitably, you hear some strange noises, smell an odd odor, or actually see him walk by with his "I've haven't done anything you should be checking on" smile plastered all across his cute little face.

On this particular evening, Chris and I were up fielding phone calls, emails, and interviews about the Auburn video he made.  It was about 12:30 at night when I began to smell a very strong paint-like odor.  It didn't quite make sense because of the late hour and the fact that we weren't doing anything with paint or chemicals.  As I exited the office and followed the smell to outside the kids room, I thought, "This isn't going to be good."  I opened the door and switched on the light.  I found Ethan covered in glitter, lipsticked up with Grace's lip-gloss like a clown in a Ringling Bros performance, and surrounded by all the playdough in their collection.  I guess he was making a collage.  I don't know.  But, as we began to explore and clean up his creative mess, we discovered he also got into Grace's fingernail polish (the culprit of the initial odor that sent us to his room in the first place) and tried to paint his beadspread as well as spread lip gloss all over the underside of the top bunk bed.  Yep.  That's our boy.  Of course, we captured the mess on video.  Take a look . . .


If you can't view the video in the blog post, click the link below to view it on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/video/?encoding#!/video/video.php?v=1273633898505

No comments:

Post a Comment