Friday, January 7, 2011

An Inconvenient Truth

As parents, there always seems to be those moments that are unavoidable.  A snack bag bursts in the back seat of the car.  The chocolate milk spills down the front of a brand new white shirt.  The inevitable words are heard, "Mommy, I need to go to the bathroom" when there isn't a bathroom for miles.  I experienced the last statement recently, but with a twist.  We were leaving to go out in the cold weather, all bundled up with layers upon layers under our warm winter jackets when Ethan says he needs to go to the bathroom (and it wasn't the easy one, I might add).  I look down and see that the task is not going to be easy . . . try removing 7 layers of clothes.  So, I simply helped him get his pants down and set him on the toilet.  This was the picture . . . gloves and all.  Inconvenient, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment